Sunday, October 26, 2008

HOMEMADE PIZZA


I got this bread maker recipe from my friend Julie and it really makes it much more enjoyable to make pizza. I don't have the space really to knead and the counter top is too high for me to be comfortable--my shoulders are hunched up to my ears, so this way is much better.

1 cup warm water
2 Tablespoons veggie oil (I use olive)
3 cups flour (I use half all purpose, half whole wheat)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons yeast

Place ingredients in order into the bread machine, use dough cycle. Roll onto pizza stone, prick dough with fork (I brush it with the juice from a jar of minced garlic) bake at 450 for 5 minutes. Top with desired toppings bake for 12-15 minutes.

For toppings I use about 1/3-1/2 a can of tomatoe sauce with italian seasoning, basil and garlic. Cover sauce with sliced baby portabella mushrooms, cover with shredded mozzarella, top with pepperoni slices.

No comments: