Friday, November 14, 2008

Chicken and Pork Risotto


1/2 pound pork sausage
2-2 1/2 pounds cut up chicken (I think this means thighs, legs, breast--but I just cut up breasts into bite size pieces)
15 oz can Hunts Tomato Sauce Special (I use Del Monte Organic Tomato Sauce--because that's what I get at Costco.)
1 cup H2O
3/4 cup raw regular (this means not sticky) rice----I have not tried brown rice yet
1 tsp salt (I leave this out because I use a whole pound of sausage)
1 clove garlic minced
2 tbls grated parmesan cheese

Brown sausage, remove from skillet, brown chicken, remove from skillet, drain fat. Add remaining ingredients except cheese to skillet, stir.
return sausage and chicken to skillet, cover and simmer 35-40 minutes until all liquid is absorbed --watch it, I've over done it and then it sticks to your pan.
sprinkle with cheese.

The photo isn't all that attractive. It looks nicer in person and nicer if you have a piece of chicken on a bed of sausage and rice mixture. But by doing the bite sized pieces I only use 2 chicken breasts and get 4-6 servings. I think next time I may add veggies into it to make it a one skillet meal.

No comments: