Sunday, November 2, 2008

Chicken Tetrazzini

original recipe:
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup whipping cream
1 pkg 7 oz cooked drained spaghetti
2 cups cooked cubed chicken
1 3oz can mushroom
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese

I prefer fresh baby portabello mushrooms when we have them and I put probably more than 3oz.
I also use a whole box of spaghetti.
I sometimes cube my chicken before cooking and sometimes not--can't decide which is easier. I season the chicken with whatever I feel like at the moment----mrs. dash table blend, healthy heart, nature's own seasoning and paprika---just whatever.
I also add more than 1/4 teaspoon pepper.

preheat oven to 350 degrees. melt butter in a skillet, stir in flour, seasonings, cook over low (will look like paste) remove from heat stir in broth, cream, return to heat boil, stir constantly. Stir/boil 1 minute or so. add cooked spaghetti, chicken mushrooms (if i use fresh i add them to the sauce and heat first).
Pour into 2 quart casserole (if you use whole box of spaghetti you may need a bit bigger) sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.

1 comment:

A Cuban In London said...

Oh, yes, this sounds yummy! :-)

Greetings from London.